Saturday, September 24, 2016

Gardenia


I found this cape at my favourite thrift shop, The Pink House. I swear, at least half my wardrobe is from this one thrift shop. The pink sweater from the post below (which is easily one of my favourite pieces), and the black dress from this earlier post, are both from there as well. I've been gravitating a lot towards statement pieces lately, rather than outfits with multiple prints and points of focus. I still love a great print combo, but when I get dressed now, I find myself building each outfit around one particular garment, rather than a few different ones.


This shirt is from there as well. I'm kinda realizing right now how much I've been into this black/green/pink colour combo. I almost never go shopping with an exact colour or garment in mind, so it's fun to see how everything I've purchased recently goes together naturally.

Now that I've written the serious post I was inevitably going to write at some point (see below), I can say that 2016 has actually been awesome so far. It's been a year of change and movement. I've experienced a happiness I forgot I could feel. I've made new friends, reconnected with old ones, gone to a bunch of incredible shows (most notably Eagles Of Death Metal, Ghost and Tribulation) and moved into a new place. All in all, I'm proud of myself for turning the lead I was given into gold (again, see post below).

The title of this post is in reference to both a song by Iggy Pop and Josh Homme (off Post Pop Depression) and a song by Josh Homme's former band Kyuss (off Welcome To Sky Valley) - 2 very different songs that I love immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment